Veterinary Externship in Frisco, TX
We invite you to apply to our small animal veterinary externship. We are a small animal general practice located in Frisco, Texas a growing suburb of Dallas.
During you externship you will be exposed to every aspect of practicing veterinary medicine in a suburban small animal practice. You’ll observe and assist in soft tissue surgery, spays, neuters and of course dentals of all types. Most of our diagnostics are run in-house but we use the reference labs heavily as needed. Our veterinarians have every practice style you can imagine so you will see how everyone works by merging contrasting styles. If management and business is your interest we are willing to give in an introduction to our business systems and philosophy in addition to the medical training.
We love our profession and it shows. Feel free to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unique In-Person Hands-On Opportunity: Our clinic is able to provide a safe way to interact and engage with clients in person. We believe this is a very important part of becoming a veterinarian. Human interaction is a crucial part of our job and we have taken steps to keep everyone safe while still operating in person and not requiring curbside service.
- Mentorship Styles: We understand that people have different learning styles. We do not believe in a “one-size-fits-all” program for mentoring or medicine! Our veterinarians all have very different teaching styles so we are able to accommodate you in the way you learn best whether you are an “figure it out yourself type” or someone that prefers more direction.
- Running Cases: You will have the opportunity to run cases from start to finish. This includes engaging and building relationships with both the client and patient. We will provide ample support, including an experienced Veterinary Technician. Our supervising veterinarian will be available for questions and to provide oversight as needed. Learn what our veterinarians typically do by reading our Associate Veterinarian job description.
- Learning NOT Cleaning: Externships are for learning! You will not be scrubbing kennels or doing laundry while here. Your limited time in our clinic will be utilized to teach you as much as we can about veterinary medicine and our clinic.
- Great Location: Frisco is great place to live! Experience all the area has to offer while you are here. We are happy to provide guidance on local life but look below are a few of our favorites nearby.
- Well Behaved Patients and Nice Owners: We don’t like being injured and we don’t like unreasonable people. Aggressive animals and unreasonable people are asked to leave.
- Access to Specialty and Emergency Clinics: We have a great relationship with several referral and emergency clinics. Often our externs will choose to spend a day with one of friends in the referral world. We are happy to facilitate days visiting for an added experience.
Ready to join our team?
To apply, send both a Cover Letter and a Resume addressed to the Practice Manager at email@example.com
Fun local things to do.
Visit Frisco is a great resource to find local events.