Your mission is to be the Veterinary Assistant for the clinic. Your focus is to provide exemplary support for the doctors, staff and patient care while performing all responsibilities of the position.
The veterinary assistant assists the veterinarian with office visits and exams, takes care of the everyday needs of pets in the hospital ward and boarding facility, and helps maintains the hospital facility, keeping it neat and clean.
- Excellent computer skills and a fast learning curve on new computer programs.
- Excellent telephone skills and organizational skills.
- Lifting and carrying animals which may weight upwards of 100 pounds.
- Technical skills consistent with a Veterinary Medical Professional.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Provide compassionate care for pets.
- Drug free.
An employee in this position must have a sense of caring for animals, be a veterinary professional and be able to lift approximately 50 pounds, and walk dogs of up to 130 pounds.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.